Ann Arbor in the middle of June can get quite hot and humid. There will be shade on the property from trees, our tent, and the dance barn. The ceremony will take place at the arbor/garden, which will have little to no shade. The reception will take place under a large tent. Dancing will take place in the historic barn.
Things to consider
A few key items we’d like to kindly remind you to bring or consider:
- Wearing low heels or flat sandals since you will be walking on grass.
- Sunscreen but we will have some, too.
- Sunglasses! This is key to looking cool (and being able to see through the glare).
- There may be mosquitos in the evening. We will provide some kid-friendly bug spray but you’re welcome to provide your own, too.*
- The nighttime may become chilly, consider bringing a light jacket.
*We ask that you be respectful on how you apply it; some bug sprays are toxic if ingested and spraying them may contaminate food/drinks/other guests.